Tuesday 20 April 2021
This event has finished.
Started 18:00 PM
Finished 19:00 PM
Organized by UX Writing Portugal
Address: Online event on your device
About this event
Our next meetup will be in English with an international guest, Yael Ben-David.
What do Airbnb, eBay, LinkedIn (and many others) have in common?
They are all two-sided platforms: on the one side there are users offering something and on the other side there are users who want it.
The value of these products is dependent on bringing both sides into the same product. Fundbox’s payments platform also has two sides: the businesses who pay for purchases with Fundbox credit and the businesses who accept this payment method.
In this talk, Yael Ben-David, UX writer at Fundbox, will tell us how they do it:
- How do you write microcopy that resonates with multiple user segments in the same product?
- How do you address the segments’ different pain points all in one interface?
- How do you find the terminology that sounds natural and garners trust from users in two different worlds?
- How do you decide when to maintain multiple versions that are more segment-specific and what do you do when that’s not possible?
- Yael will explain the approach, methodologies, and tools they use at Fundbox to solve these challenges and how they can be applied to any product.
Excepcionalmente, vamos ter um evento em inglês, com uma oradora de renome internacional.
Neste meetup, Yael Ben-David vai falar-nos do significado do UX writing em produtos destinados a grupos de utilizadores distintos, abordando considerações tais como:
- Escrever microcopy que faça sentido para múltiplos segmentos;
- responder a preocupações diferentes de utilizadores diferentes numa única interface;
- Encontrar terminologia que soe natural e obtenha confiança de utilizadores em dois mundos diferentes;
- Decidir quando manter várias versões mais específicas a um segmento.
Yael Ben-David is a UX writer who specializes in complex products. She has written health, financial, and other products used by more than 100 million people around the world.
After a BA in journalism at New York University and MSc and PhD studies in neurobiology at The Hebrew University, Yael discovered her passion for making innovative tech accessible to mass markets through clear, helpful, data-driven microcopy.
This page last updated Tuesday 23 March 2021 at 19:26.
Problems? Report an error or inappropriate listing here.
Information displayed here is provided in good faith but we are not responsible for the content of any listing. Sometimes events can be cancelled or changed at short notice. Please check with the venue or organizer before you travel!