Tuesday 6 July 2021
Starts 16:00 PM
Finishes 17:30 PM
Organized by ODSC Lisbon Data Science
Address: Online event on your device
About this event
To access this webinar, please register here: https://app.aiplus.training/courses/robots-are-coming-who-needs-a-skill-boost
Topic: Robots are coming – who needs a skill boost?
Speaker#1: Pierre Buirel, Data Scientist at Boostrs
Pierre is Data Scientist at Boostrs, a startup operating in the broad area of Talent Management. In this role, Pierre is responsible for maintaining and expanding a world-class database of jobs and skills across 27 major industries. He is always looking for new sources of data to make the Future of Work a little less uncertain. His expertise lies in the area of NLP technologies – using both R and Python.
Speaker#2: Gabrielle Fournet, Head of Data Science at Boostrs
Gabrielle is Head of Data Science at Boostrs. In this role, she leads a team of data scientists whose mission is to connect people, skills and learning. Specifically, the aim of this work is to recommend meaningful career paths to people, as well as to identify the learning paths which support this career evolution. Gabrielle holds a Ph.D. degree in Physics from the Paris-Saclay University.
With the advent of artificial intelligence and robotics, automation is easier than ever before. It is happening: people are increasingly handing over their tasks to machines – from simple virtual assistants coordinating daily schedules to industrial-grade robots automating manufacturing pipelines. For companies, the challenge is to anticipate the evolution of jobs and to prepare their employees for the future. Which jobs are most impacted? How? What are the new skills that employees should acquire in order to thrive in today’s fast-paced labor market?
To address these questions, we rely on a linked database of jobs and skills, which incorporates a categorization of tasks according to their automation potential. Semantic similarity algorithms are used to match tasks and job titles to skills and to occupations, respectively. This in turn allows it to define and compute an automation index for each job.
This webinar aims to build awareness of the impact of automation on work. Attendees will learn that:
- While no job is safe from automation, certain jobs are more at risk than others. For example, the automation impact varies with the seniority of the position or the given corporate function.
- Automatable skills generate a strong need for upskill and reskill activities, and soft skills are front and center. Not all soft skills are equal, however, and certain soft skills tend to be required much more frequently than others by hiring managers.
[June] Get your Virtual ODSC Europe 2021 pass with 30% OFF - http://bit.ly/38z7q84
[September] Ger your Free General Pass to ODSC APAC 2021 - https://bit.ly/3eYLK8h
• Get free access to more talks/trainings like this at AI+ Training platform:
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OPENDATASCI
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/odsc & @odsc
• LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/open-data-science
• Slack Channel: http://bit.ly/2RkOf9l
• Europe Conference June 8th - 10th: https://odsc.com/europe/
• APAC Conference Sept 15th-16th: https://odsc.com/apac/
• West Conference November 15th - 18th: https://odsc.com/california/
• Code of conduct: https://odsc.com/code-of-conduct/
This page last updated Saturday 12 June 2021 at 13:23.
Problems? Report an error or inappropriate listing here.
Information displayed here is provided in good faith but we are not responsible for the content of any listing. Sometimes events can be cancelled or changed at short notice. Please check with the venue or organizer before you travel!